How to make Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip
Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip is a creamy dip made with a blend of cheddar and Jack cheese, mixed with beer, and seasoned with garlic and Worcestershire sauce. The dip is served warm and pairs perfectly with soft pretzels or tortilla chips.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Portion count in recipe: 6-8 servings
Calories per serving: 140 calories
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup Blue Moon beer (or any other beer of your choice)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes until the mixture turns golden brown.
- Slowly pour in the beer, whisking continuously until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the shredded cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Romano cheese, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Once the mixture is smooth, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 140
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 8g
Health Benefits of Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip
Let’s be honest, Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip is not a healthy food. It’s an appetizer that should be enjoyed in moderation. However, there are a few potential health benefits to keep in mind.
Firstly, cheese is a good source of protein and calcium. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues, while calcium is important for strong bones and teeth.
Additionally, beer contains antioxidants and nutrients like vitamins B and C, potassium, and magnesium. However, it’s important to note that alcohol should be consumed in moderation and excess consumption can have negative health effects.
Tips for Making Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip
If you want to recreate Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip at home, here are some tips to make it even better:
- Use quality cheese – The cheese is the star of the show in this dip, so it’s important to use high-quality cheddar and Jack cheese.
- Use your favorite beer – While Applebee’s uses Blue Moon beer in their dip, you can use any beer that you enjoy. Darker beers like stouts and porters will add more flavor, while lighter beers like lagers and pilsners will provide a more subtle flavor.
- Add some spice – If you like a little heat, add some diced jalapenos or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to the dip.
- Serve with soft pretzels – The salty flavor and soft texture of pretzels make them the perfect pairing for this dip.
More Options to Try
While Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip is a classic, there are some variations and other dips to try:
- Applebee’s Queso Dip – If you’re a fan of cheese dips, you should also try Applebee’s Queso Dip. It’s a creamy dip made with white queso, seasoned ground beef, and pico de gallo.
- Applebee’s 4 Cheese Mac and Cheese Copycat Recipe – This recipe is a twist on classic mac and cheese, made with a blend of four pieces of cheese and topped with crispy bacon.
- Applebee’s Beer Cheese Pretzel Dip Recipe – This recipe takes the classic Beer Cheese Dip and serves it in a bread bowl with soft pretzel bites on the side.
Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip is a deliciously savory appetizer that’s perfect for sharing with friends or enjoying before a meal. While it’s not the healthiest option, it’s a great indulgence in moderation. With a few tips, you can recreate this classic dip at home and even try some variations. Whether you’re a fan of cheese dips or just looking for a new appetizer to try, give Applebee’s Beer.