How to make Crunchwrap Supreme
If you’re a fan of Taco Bell, you’ve probably heard of Crunchwrap Supreme. It’s a popular dish on the menu that’s been around for years, and for good reason. Crunchwrap Supreme is a delicious and hearty appetizer or dish that is perfect for those who love Mexican food.
So, what is Crunchwrap Supreme? At its core, it’s a large round flour tortilla filled with a variety of ingredients including seasoned beef, nacho cheese sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. The tortilla rolls up and seals around the edges, creating a crunchy, flavorful package that’s convenient to eat on the go.
The beauty of Crunchwrap Supreme is that it can be made to order. You can substitute beef for chicken or beans, add extra cheese or guacamole, or even create your own version with your favorite toppings.
Today I’m featuring my Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe, which you can easily make at home and feed the whole family.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until fully cooked. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning to the cooked beef, and stir until well combined.
- Take a large flour tortilla and place a tostada shell in the center of it.
- Spread a generous spoonful of nacho cheese sauce over the tostada shell.
- Add a large spoonful of the cooked ground beef mixture over the cheese sauce.
- Spread a dollop of sour cream over the beef mixture.
- Add a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes over the sour cream.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Take the edges of the large flour tortilla and fold them up and over the top of the ingredients, making pleats as needed to create a tight seal.
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray and place the Crunchwrap seam-side down in the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve hot.
Serving Size: 1 Crunchwrap Supreme
Total Fat: 34g
Saturated Fat: 13g
Total Carbohydrates: 51g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
Health Benefits of Crunchwrap Supreme
While the Crunchwrap Supreme may not exactly be a healthy food, it does contain some nutritional benefits. For example, seasoned beef provides a good amount of protein, while lettuce and tomatoes add some vitamins and fiber to the dish. However, it’s worth noting that the Crunchwrap Supreme is also high in calories, fat, and sodium, so it’s not something you should eat every day if you’re trying to maintain a healthy diet.
Tips for Making Crunchwrap Supreme
- Build it right: Start by placing a large flour tortilla on a clean surface. Add a tostada shell in the center of the tortilla, followed by a generous scoop of seasoned beef, cheese sauce, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. Fold the tortilla up around the filling, folding the edges inwards to create a hexagonal shape.
- Use a non-stick skillet: To get that crispy golden-brown texture on the outside of your Crunchwrap Supreme, you’ll want to cook it in a non-stick skillet. Preheat the skillet over medium heat, and then cook the Crunchwrap for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Customize to your taste: The beauty of making your own Crunchwrap Supreme is that you can customize it to your liking. Swap out the seasoned beef for grilled chicken or black beans for a vegetarian option. Add some guacamole or jalapenos for an extra kick of flavor.
What To Serve with Crunchwrap Supreme
The Crunchwrap Supreme is a satisfying meal all on its own, but if you’re looking to add some sides to your meal, here are some great options:
- Chips and Salsa: A classic Mexican-inspired appetizer, chips, and salsa are a great addition to any meal.
- Spanish Rice: A flavorful and filling side dish that pairs perfectly with the Crunchwrap Supreme.
- Refried Beans: Another classic Mexican side dish, refried beans are a tasty and filling addition to your meal.
- Grilled Corn: Grilled corn on the cob is a great side dish that adds some sweetness to your meal.
If you are looking to mix things up a bit, here are some other Crunchwrap Supreme-inspired dishes to try:
Cheesy Gordita Crunch: This is a Taco Bell classic that features a soft gordita shell filled with seasoned beef, lettuce, cheese, and a crispy taco shell.
7 Layer Burrito: Another popular Taco Bell dish, the 7 Layer Burrito is a vegetarian option that features rice, beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole.
Nachos Supreme: If you’re a fan of nachos, you’ll love the Nachos Supreme. This dish features crispy tortilla chips topped with seasoned beef, cheese sauce, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.
Crunchwrap Supreme is a delicious and hearty quick meal that you can easily recreate at home. Gather the ingredients and use the step-by-step recipe to recreate the Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe. You can easily manipulate the ingredients and customize the recipe as desired. Enjoy.