How to make Banana Cake
Banana cake is a delicious and moist cake made with ripe bananas. It is a classic dessert that can be enjoyed any time of the year. The cake is easy to make and can be served for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack.
Banana cake is a popular variation of banana bread. It is typically made with mashed ripe bananas, flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and baking powder. The mixture is then baked in the oven until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Prep.: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Servings: 18 servings
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 ⅛ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups banana puree
- ½ cup butter softened
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 10 g vanilla
Preheat the oven to 135 degrees C. Grease the baking dish. In a small bowl, mix mashed bananas with lemon juice, and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt. Postpone.
In a small bowl, beat ¾ cup butter and 2 ⅛ cup sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Pour cream, and banana puree into the flour mixture. Knead the dough. Pour the batter into the prepared mold.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place directly in the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake juicy (moist).
For the frosting: In a large bowl, beat ½ cup butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla, and powdered sugar, and beat until the mass becomes homogeneous. Pour over the chilled cake.
Calories 453 kcal (22%)
Fat 18.4 g (26%)
Protein 5.2 g (10%)
Carbohydrates 68.6 g (19%)
Cholesterol 84 mg (28%)
Fiber 1.1 g (4%)
Sodium 299 mg (12%)
Banana cake provides several health benefits due to its nutrient content.
- Promotes heart health: Cake contains potassium, which is an important mineral for heart health. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Supports digestive health: Banana cake contains fiber, which helps promote digestive health and can reduce the risk of constipation and other digestive problems.
- Boosts energy: Bananas are a good source of carbohydrates, which are an important energy source for the body. Adding banana cake to your diet can help provide sustained energy throughout the day.
Tips for Making Banana Cake
Here are some tips to make perfect your cake:
- Use ripe bananas – The riper the bananas, the better the flavor of the cake. If you have bananas that are too ripe to eat, don’t throw them away. They are perfect for banana cake.
- Don’t overmix the batter – Overmixing the batter can result in a tough and dense cake. Mix the ingredients until just combined.
- Use cake flour – Cake flour gives the cake a tender crumb and a light texture. If you don’t have cake flour, you can make your own by mixing all-purpose flour and cornstarch.
- Add some nuts or chocolate chips – For extra texture and flavor, you can add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter. Walnuts or pecans go well with banana cake, but you can use any nuts you like.
What To Serve with Banana Cake
Banana cake is delicious on its own, but you can serve it with some toppings or accompaniments to make it even more special. Here are some ideas:
- Cream cheese frosting – A creamy and tangy cream cheese frosting goes well with banana cake. You can make a simple frosting with cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Whipped cream – Light and fluffy whipped cream is another great topping for banana cake. You can sweeten the whipped cream with powdered sugar and add a touch of vanilla extract.
- Fresh fruits – Serve banana cake with freshly sliced bananas or other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
Banana bread – Banana bread is a classic quick bread that is perfect for breakfast or a snack. It’s similar to the cake but doesn’t have frosting or toppings.
Banana muffins – Banana muffins are a portable and convenient way to enjoy banana cakes. They are perfect for breakfast or a snack on the go.
Banana pudding – Banana pudding is a Southern classic dessert that consists of layers of vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and vanilla pudding. It’s creamy, sweet, and delicious.
Banana cake is a tasty and easy dessert that you can make at any time. With its moist and fluffy texture and rich banana flavor, it’s a crowd-pleaser that everyone will love. With some simple tips and ideas for toppings and accompaniments, you can take your banana cake to the next level. Whether you prefer it with cream cheese frosting or fresh fruits, banana cake is a dessert that you won’t be able to resist.